Who We Are and What We Are All About:
Help build a cleaner, safer and more connected world through a career with Rogers Corporation. At Rogers, our innovative materials technologies enable breakthroughs in clean technology, internet connectivity, mass transit and more -- but it s our people that set us apart. Integrity and respect are at the heart of how we work. We excel at building enduring relationships that foster trust with our colleagues and business partners. We work creatively and cross-functionally a rewarding work environment. For a brighter tomorrow, explore Rogers today across the globe to deliver unique solutions to our customers in the United States, Europe and AsiaSummary/Objective:
This position supports the Corporate Accounting department including playing a key role in the monthly, quarterly and annual close, as well as the preparation, accurate reporting and filing of SEC periodic reports on Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K, including earnings press releases. Ensures compliance with all SEC, FASB, and NYSE regulations. Develops disclosures and analyses to support periodic reporting and monthly close process. Maintains a strong control environment; supports and assists with the implementation, maintenance and review of internal controls and corporate policies and procedures. Serves as key technical and regulatory resource for the company with regards to GAAP and other related accounting and reporting requirements. Assists with financial research efforts. Analyzes and researches new and proposed accounting, reporting and disclosure standards issued by the SEC and FASB and prepares memorandums regarding the Company s position and impact on the Company. Liaison with internal and external legal counsel, treasury, investor relations and internal and external auditorsEssential Functions:
- Performs accounting responsibilities to support the monthly/quarterly/year-end close. This includes booking journal entries, performing account reconciliations, performing ad hoc investigative analyses over account activity, and drafting the 10Q/10K.
- Completes accounting responsibilities related to equity, including but not limited to equity roll-forwards, booking journal entries pertaining to equity compensation and issuances, calculating EPS shares, as well as performing GL account reconciliations.
- Completes accounting responsibilities related to benefit plans, including performing GL account reconciliations and assisting with the benefit plan audits and filing of Form 5500s.
- Assists with continuing process improvement initiatives and project based work to simplify and streamline financial processes.
- Supports Internal and External Audit requests.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functionsRequired Education and Experience:
Required Skills and Abilities:
- B.S. Degree in Accounting
- 3-6 years experience in large public accounting firm or 5-8 years relatedprivate experience (or some combination thereof)
- Knowledgeable in IT systems (Peoplesoft, Hyperion, Workiva, Charles Schwab)
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and theory
- Demonstrated problem solving ability (identifies problems and develops/implements solutions)
- Ability to take ownership and drive projects/issues to completion.
- Ability to work well in teams.
- Motivated/able to grow and develop in organization.
- Ability to manage people, including staff, colleagues and upper management.
Why work for Rogers
- Experience in Big 4 public accounting firm with SEC experience.
- Public and/or private experience in manufacturing.
- Experience in information system implementations, Sarbanes Oxley, and process improvements.
With an outstanding work environment, vast developmental opportunities, and a top- notch benefit package, it is no wonder a majority of our employees have been with us longer than 10 years. Come join a winning team!Rogers Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.How You Can Apply for this Position
Visit us at: www.rogerscorp.com/careers
to apply!About Rogers Corporation:
Rogers Corporation (NYSE:ROG) is a global leader in engineered materials to power, protect and connect our world. With more than 180 years of materials science and engineering experience, Rogers delivers high performance solutions that enable clean energy, internet connectivity, and safety and protection applications, as well as other technologies where reliability is critical. Rogers delivers Power Electronics Solutions for energy-efficient motor drives, vehicle electrification and alternative energy; Elastomeric Materials Solutions for sealing, vibration management, and impact protection in mobile devices, transportation interiors, industrial equipment and performance apparel; and Advanced Connectivity Solutions for wireless infrastructure, automotive safety and radar systems. Headquartered in Arizona (USA), Rogers operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, China, Germany, Belgium, Hungary, and South Korea, with joint ventures and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.rogerscorp.com