Hi, I'm Doug Lee, Senior Director, Field Sales, at Puppet,
I'm looking for an Enterprise Account Executive to join our team. We are seeking an experienced, high-energy sales professional with a proven track record of over-achieving quota. You will represent Puppet and drive the revenue, so you must be a closer who is an effective prospector. You can create a significant pipeline of business within a short period of time while you manage existing accounts and clients to ensure their success. You will need to have experience selling software to large enterprise customers in Chicago, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa.
Meaningful work you'll contribute
* Actively prospect to develop opportunities in large/strategic accounts
* Attainment of quota, quarterly and annually
* Develop an active and vibrant pipeline, equal to 4x quota
* Maintain current, accurate, and active SFDC hygiene
* Provide timely and accurate forecasts and reports to sales leadership
* Ensure the successful rollout and adoption of Puppet Enterprise (PE), Pipelines and Vulnerability Management through strong account management activities and coordination with pre-and-post sales engineering and support resources
* Travel locally in order to develop account relationships and close large opportunities
* Develop account based selling methodologies and closing plans that can be coordinate with both your local management as well as the executive team
* Build and strengthen the business relationship with current accounts and new prospects by leveraging renewal revenue stream and converting to ELA's for long term business opportunities
* The customer's champion. We serve our customers by managing their expectations and delivering what we promise.
* An entrepreneurial-minded spirityou enjoy the challenge of expanding new territory and have a knack for building land-and-expand strategy.
* You're passionate about sales and technology.
* A team playeryou understand enterprise sales is a challenge best tackled as a team effort. You effectively partner with your sales engineering counterparts, utilizing their technical expertise.
* A skilled negotiator with a knack for identifying the right solutions that best address customers' needs and articulating the value.
* Scrappy and self-directed. You are skilled at autonomously driving projects in a startup environment with minimal guidance and limited resources while having a ton of freedom and creativity to continue moving forward. You roll up your sleeves and drive execution and results.
Valuable experiences and skills you'll bring to Puppet
* You have 8+ years experience selling enterprise software
* Selling software to Fortune 500 accounts with a strong technical acumen as well as the ability to have presence with C Level executives in the accounts
* Building and executing on a territory plan (Target Account Selling or other sales methodology to ensure you can develop a long term selling strategy within these large accounts as well as create short term tactical opportunities.)
* Driving demand for newer products such as Insights, Discovery and Pipelines
* Calling on both infrastructure and application development teams
* You have experience selling software to large enterprise customers in Chicago, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa.
* You have experience leveraging SIs, VARs and Alliance partners to deliver solutions with a proven track record of success with these partners
* Visa Sponsorship
Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Working for Puppet
Puppet is leading the movement that will define the next decade of software.
Today it's characterized by the general realization that for companies to remain relevant, they have to constantly provide great software to their users.
Tomorrow it's defined by a world of frictionless software change where any company can deliver a better experience to their users, at any moment.
Puppet is driving the movement to a world of unconstrained software change. Its revolutionary platform is the industry standard for automating the delivery and operation of the software that powers everything around us.
The company is growing fast and we're determined for everyone here to have a real impact on the company and our customers every day. We're driven and restless. We encourage creativity and collaboration. By challenging each other, we foster continuous improvement.
Here at Puppet, our values are our \"culture code\" and guide all that we do. They embody who we are as a team, as a community, and as a business.That's why we hire carefully for individuals who clearly represent our company values. That means being connected to the communities we serve (around the globe and online), having an understanding that candid conversations can drive innovation, those who know how to ask themselves the right questions to drive customer benefit, and those who understand that the many people, perspectives and places that makeup our company are key to our success.
Puppet offers excellent health benefits for employees and family, a flexible time-off policy (that we do insist you use), and a variety of methods to grow your skills and further your career. We have employees all around the US, the UK, Sweden, Canada, the Czech Republic and Australia. Our headquarters in downtown Portland, Oregon, is one block off Tom McCall Waterfront Park with views of Mt. Hood, Mt. St. Helens and the Willamette River.
More than 40,000 companiesincluding more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100use Puppet's open source and commercial solutions to adopt DevOps practices, achieve situational awareness and drive software change with confidence. Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Puppet is a privately held company with more than 500 employees around the world. Learn more at puppet.com.
Our investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, VMware, Google Ventures, Cisco, True Ventures, Radar Partners, and Emerson Street Partners.
Puppet is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact +1-877-###-#### for assistance.