In this role, you have the opportunity to
lead a small, collaborative product team to design, integrate, and test secure processing firmware in embedded and enterprise secure processing solutions.
You are responsible for
* Working in pre-sales environments to identify critical needs with system features and performance issues.
* Design modular and portable FPGA firmware functional blocks to meet the requirements of open-architecture standards
* Modernize existing FPGA firmware products for technology updates in processing hardware
* Optimize system performance to meet demanding customer requirements
* Design and test functional blocks for Altera/Intel, Microsemi, and Xilinx FPGAs
* Collaborate with engineering team to design and develop system architectures and hardware interfaces
* Mapping customer specifications to system design requirements. Analyzes system performance and identifies risks.
* Flow system level requirements down to detailed Hardware specifications.
* Consults with customer on technical issues and technical presentations.
* Serve as the main technical contact for projects.
* Communicate project status and risks to executive team
* Consult on technical proposals and hardware system design
* Understand the main concepts and applications associated with specific specialized company product design.
* Responsible for providing an accurate assessment of the scope of work for projects and accurate assessments of progress.
* Understands and addresses cost, schedule and performance impacts and provides trade-offs for programs decisions
You are a part of
Mercury's system security engineering team that is focused on embedded and enterprise secure processing solutions. You will be engaged during all phases of the product lifecycle and will have the ability to influence software compatibility and system design decisions as well as the responsibility to design, develop, simulate, test and document FPGA firmware systems and products.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
* 7+ years of design experience in radar, communications, or EW programs.
* Proficient in Verilog/VHDL
* Familiar with Vivado, Libero, and Quartus design workflow
* Ability to communicate complex technical issues to a variety of audiences
Associated topics: etch, msee, pcb, quantum, rtl, soc, solder joint, submicron, system on a chip, vlsi