A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's?, SNICKERS?, TWIX?, MILKY WAY?, DOVE?, PEDIGREE?, ROYAL CANIN?, WHISKAS?, EXTRA?, ORBIT?, 5?, SKITTLES?, UNCLE BEN'S?, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA?. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD? Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl?, VCA? and Pet Partners?. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles - Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom - inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Associate Engineer PPTS (Product & Process Translation Support)/Quality Engineer CI (Food)
Mars Wrigley Confectionery
T1 (Individual Contributor)
MWC (Chattanooga, TN)
Positon Reports to
The Associate Engineer PPTS designs, develops and implements new and improved products, packs, processes and raw materials, translating specs into actual running conditions on Mars factory lines. This role is responsible for managing recipes and Bills of Materials (BOM s) for the site. Additionally, this role manages R&D line trials by coordinating requests with the site value stream, R&D, Engineering and Commercial to ensure optimal execution and knowledge capture.
* Implements new and improved products, processes, systems, methodologies, and packaging
* Designs, manages, communicates and documents line trials
* RADAR recipe management system key user-updates recipes for accuracy and manages changes
* Develops and implements financial and quality continuous improvements through the application of Six Sigma, contributing to overall site CI goals through the completion of at least 2 Six Sigma projects per year
* Supports development of standard run conditions as part of new product/process/pack validation
* Leverages standard run conditions to develop statistical process control settings and ranges. Adds new sample plans to system and address significant issues reaching high level escalation
* Consults with site Q&FS on programs such as Internal Audits, CAPA s, S-CAPA s
Context and Scope
* Leads line trials to develop standard running conditions for new packs and processes to ensure optimal and sustainable implementation of new items
* Reviews material workflows to verify specifications and BOM accuracy
* Updates recipes and BOM s to reflect changes using the RADAR system
* Key technical expert in the operation of process and packaging areas in the plant, providing troubleshooting expertise and operator training as needed
* Identifies, manages and delivers projects driving growth and efficiency at sites
* R&D technical lead for Handover 0, 1 and 2 for new products, packs, raw materials and processes Works with site PPTS engineer to identify CI opportunities and lead (R&D) relevant Six Sigma projects
* Regular participation in plant FMOS meetings to ensure a strong link to factory performance
Note: May differ from the current job holder s own skills and experience.
1. Education & Professional Qualification
* Minimum Qualifications
* Bachelor s degree in engineering or closely related scientific or technical disciplines with relevant professional internship or 1 year experience in closely related industry. Alternatively, 5+ years demonstrated success in relevant manufacturing / quality experience with a minimum of a high school diploma.
* Strong understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), Good Laboratory Practices (GLP's), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point Systems (HACCP), ISO, Regulatory Guidelines, Sensory, and/or Microbiology.
* Preferred experience in food packaging and/or processing, with an understanding of processes and machine operation
* Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
* Demonstrated success influencing/leading others
* Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.