* GE Healthcare * Experienced * Posted 2/20/2019 9:54:00 AM * 3252193 * Job Function: Engineering/Technology * Business Segment: Healthcare Imaging
Location(s): United States; Wisconsin; Waukesha
This Lead Electrical Engineer position provides electrical engineering design and design support for the X-Ray product components and subsystems. The position includes product design and execution of strategic engineering programs in addition to driving cross-functional engagement of quality project initiatives. This role requires the interaction with Sourcing, Manufacturing, Quality and Service teams to ensure the product quality goals set forth by the business.
* Developing innovative design alternatives to meet all requirements for performance, reliability, cost and manufacturability for assigned components and subsystems * Leading design enhancement opportunity in current forward production product and NPIs including focusing on leading variable cost productivity projects. * Writing detailed functional specifications that document newly created designs and support production introduction * Development and delivery of electrical prototypes, including coordination of prototypes to be provided by external suppliers * Verification of product sub-system performance and reliability * Supporting the development of test fixtures and test execution to prove design functionality and performance, reliability and production * Ensuring reliability, performance and delivery through supplier relationships * Engaging in design transfer to manufacturing and service focused on test and repair strategies * Addressing any electrical design, issues and needs from Supply Chain and Supplier Change Requests * Works independently and possesses a level of functional expertise necessary to influence and execute technical and project delivery execution * Prepare and present design review packages demonstrating key performance, reliability, safety, and manufacturability goals are met; alignment with internal and external customer expectations
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Bio-Medical Engineering or four years of
* Four years of relevant experience including at least two years of new product design and development experience and at least two years of electrical design laboratory work experience * Schematic capture experience * Circuit design and simulation tool experience * Excellent teamwork, coordination and communication skills * Effective oral and written communication skills
* Masters degree in Electrical Engineering * Medical device design and support experience * Experience with IEC60601-1 or a similar standard from a regulated industry * Working knowledge of ISO, FDA and other applicable medical device regulatory standards * 4 years relevant electrical design modeling, prototyping and measurement experience * Familiarity with GEHC products * Working knowledge of PWA board bring-up and system integration experience * Demonstrated self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multitask * Experienced in developing project plans and estimates * EMC compatible design/solution experience * Design for Reliability and Manufacturability experience * Working knowledge of GEHC tools and processes EQPM, MyWorkshop, Cadence * DFSS or Green Belt/Black Belt Certified (Six Sigma Design/Quality) * Demonstrated ability to work as part of a global cross-functional project team Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical
technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable
healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough
challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery,
biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps
medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
target=\"_blank\">Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Wisconsin; Waukesha
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.