For 26 years, CALYX has developed a reputation for providing quality services in the areas of site and civil engineering, building structure design, land surveying, roadway and structure design, subsurface utility engineering, construction engineering inspection, transportation planning, traffic services, water resources, cultural resources, and environmental services. CALYX is an Engineering News Record Top 500 Design Firm (national and Southeast) and ranked #26 in the Zweig Group's \"Hot\" 100 Firms (U.S. and Canada). We are your proven partner, ready to assist you with your most ambitious plans.
CALYX IS NOW AN NV5 COMPANY
NV5 Global, Inc. (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of professional and technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction, real estate and environmental markets. With a 70-year history and 2,200 employees, NV5 operates out of more than 100 locations nationwide and abroad in Macau, Hong Kong, and the UAE. NV5 is an Engineering News Record Top 500 Design Firm and Zweig Group's #1 Hot Firm. For additional information, please visit the Company's website at www.NV5.com.
CALYX Engineers and Consultants, an NV5 Company, is seeking a full-time Utility Services Analyst I for our Charlotte, NC office. This individual will help manage utility services projects while in the field. The most frequent and essential work activities include:
* Designate all sub surface utilities utilizing GPR (Ground Penetrating Radar) and sonde equipment.
* Visit project sites to identify and verify existing utilities.
* Being able to pair count and positively identify utility owners and cable sizes.
* Assist with operation and maintenance of vacuum excavation truck.
* Be knowledgeable of the quality levels of SUE and how to differentiate between each one.
* Read, comprehend, and interpret utility records.
* Work autonomously as well as lead and direct workload in the field.
* Provide quality assurance and quality control on utility services technicians' work.
* Communicate appropriately with CALYX staff and onsite clients.
* Maintain updated working knowledge of new technologies and techniques.
* Assist Group Manager with weekly administrative items including but not limited to hours, mileage, and expense reports.
* Provide training and reinforcement of standards for field staff.
* Enforce company policies with respect to safety, protocol and procedure in the field.
* Assist with CAD Mapping as needed (AutoCAD, Microstation).
* High School Diploma/GED required, Associate's degree preferred
* 5+ years of utility designation experience
* Must possess or be able to obtain a valid driver's license prior to employment
* Ability to travel (up to 60% of the time)
* Microsoft Excel experience - can learn and understand new software
* Familiarity with iPad or tablet, a plus
* UTA Certified Professional certification preferred
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. When properly requested and when feasible (without undue hardship to the organization), reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
* This position will be subject to outside environmental conditions, including weather conditions such as wet and /or humid environments, extreme cold and/or heat, dusty and noisy work environments.
* Work will primarily be in the field involving long term standing and frequent walking as well as include common hazards at construction and project sites.
* Must be able to carry, lift and push/pull up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds occasionally.
* Must be able to walk over rough and uneven terrain and be able to stand up to 10-12 hours a day on occasion.
* Must have the ability to see, smell, hear, talk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel and twist, crouch, crawl, reach, grasp, sit, stand, and walk.
* Weekend and overtime work and/or overnight work and travel may be required.
* Additional physical duties may be required as necessary.
CALYX Engineers and Consultants, an NV5 company, provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Associated topics: building code, construction, drainage, draw, infrastructure, land, remediation, road, soil mechanic, structural analysis